Fingers Crossed for some New Years Resolutions from EMC
Posted by Preston on 2009-12-15
So in the spirit of Martin’s postings, I’m going to do a slight variant – here’s a few things that I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for that EMC will provide us in NetWorker in 2010.
Could you please add to your NetWorker New Years Resolution the following items?
- Windows 2008 Service Pack 2 support as soon as possible!
- Improvements for ADV_FILE devices:
- Savesets can spill over from one disk backup unit to another should the first become full.
- Better rotation/selection method for devices/volumes.
- Ability to query the “offsite” mminfo flag.
- Inline cloning (simultaneous clone + original generation).
- Fixing the “validcopies” flag!
- NetWorker Management Console:
- Manual client backup and recovery operations integrated into the console.
- Manual module backup and recovery operations integrated into the console.
- Ability to rename clients (and other resources).
- Syntax for including another directive within a directive.
- PIDs for nsrmmds stored within the device resource for easy viewing.
- Client GUI manual backups to support pools other than Default.
- More granular savesets.
I could think of a bunch of other enhancements, but these are the ones I’m hoping most are on your new years resolution list for NetWorker in 2010. I’m hoping I don’t have to put any of these on a wish list for your 2011 new years resolution list.
Thanks, and have a happy new year!
Preston de Guise.
2 Responses to “Fingers Crossed for some New Years Resolutions from EMC”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.